Job Title: Service Technician
Functional Area: Maintenance & Repair
Division: Equipment Care
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
Equipment Care is a division of Ecolab, the trusted service leader in the commercial food equipment industry. Nationwide thousands of restaurants, hotels, hospitals and schools rely on Ecolab Equipment Care to provide preventative maintenance, service and repair of commercial refrigeration, cooking and warewashing equipment.
As an Equipment Care Service Technician you will provide preventive maintenance, warranty work, repair services, and parts for commercial cooking, refrigeration, beverage and other kitchen equipment in restaurants, hotels, nursing homes, schools, and corporations.
- Perform troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance on commercial foodservice equipment including, but not limited to, refrigeration equipment, cooking equipment, beverage equipment, and dish machines
- Demonstrate effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Effectively manage time and resources to control costs, enhance efficiencies, and meet commitments
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Build strong customer relationships and build knowledge and understanding of new and existing customer needs/expectations
- Promote appropriate GCS & Ecolab services, products and maintenance programs
- Attend appropriate technical and manufacturer training
- Obtain additional licenses and certifications as appropriate
- Train team members and peers on best practice methods of service and sales.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year service industry experience - refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment, HVAC, military service
- Valid driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record (2 yrs)
- Willingness / ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
- Immigration sponsorship not provided for this role
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (ie. EPA, CFESA)
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience.
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision