Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that's why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
* Medical, dental and vision insurance
* Retirement program (401k and Pension)
* Generous PTO plan
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Work from home options
* Casual dress code
The long-term intern for Market Risk Analysis (MRA) will be responsible for various assignments to support market risk analysis and market risk reporting. The intern should expect both technical tasks including data analytics and quantitative modeling, and administrative tasks such as data processing and standard risk reporting. By completing these tasks, the intern will enhance both his/her technical skills and understanding on how valuation and market risk models are used within FHLBC.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Perform quantitative analysis to measure and monitor the market risk
- Research new ways to automate/improve data processing and risk reporting
- Perform quantitative testing to support modeling assumption review and version upgrade of MRA's tools for valuation and risk analysis
- Work effectively with other risk analysts in the group and perform ad-hoc analysis to support MRA's initiatives
Required skills and qualifications:
- Passionate about risk management and interested in market risk analysis
- Detail-oriented, critical thinking ability and excellent people skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoints)
- Knowledge in mathematics, statistics, and basic data analytics skill; one or more of SQL/VBA/R/Python/PowerShell is a plus
- Basic understanding in fixed income securities or mortgage products
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in stochastic processes, or interest-rate models
- Experience in machine learning projects, familiar with regression and classification algorithms
- Familiar with Tableau and level of detail
FHLBank Chicago Maintains a Safe Work Environment With A Mandatory Vaccination Policy For All Employees.
We are committed to providing a safe work environment for all our employees. The FHLBank Chicago requires all employees, except those who may require accommodations under federal or state civil rights laws, to be fully vaccinated.