The Corporate Technical Trainer develops and delivers training and instructional guides for Microsoft Office Programs, including Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, and PowerPoint. Other programs will be in-house for our Client Services, IS and Sales Field. This position presents information and directs structured learning activities so that students ultimately learn how to operate the programs. The Corporate Technical Trainer must possess the ability to organize, and prioritize workload, and multi-task; must possess the skills and knowledge of training and content development; and must possess good oral and written communication including listening and interpersonal skills.
TYPE OF SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
The Corporate Technical Trainer will work independently but will also be directly supervised by the Senior Training and Development Manager.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develops and delivers training material including student guides, instructor manuals, assessments and hands-on classroom activities for Microsoft Office Programs, including Excel, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as in-house programs
- Design and maintain system to track training progress for associates
- Provide a positive active learning environment for students and offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Liaison and communication link between users and system developers
- Problem-solving user issues with the computer applications
- Complete other necessary tasks as assigned by the Senior Training and Development Manager
- Must model the behaviors and skills taught in class
QUALIFICATIONS, Including, but not limited to the following:
- Must possess the ability to organize, and prioritize workload, and multi-task
- Skills and knowledge of training and development
- Demonstrate good training skills and adhere to the training standards
- Ability to travel, including overnight stay, as needed
- Learning management systems experience
- eLearning course development preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Certification is required
- Minimum two years of technical training experience
- Online virtual classroom experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of technical /audio equipment
- Able to stand for long periods at a time
- Able to lift, carry, bend, climb stairs, and squat
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Anderson Merchandisers LLCHuman Resources
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality
- Interpersonal skills - the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral Communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and practices effective listening skills
- Written Communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and can read and interpret written information
- Quality Control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Planning/Organizing - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability - the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve
- Collaboration- the individual can work with others including department partners, and customers in a positive manner. They understand each other's roles and empower one another to take responsibility to be a successful team
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.