USMD part of OptumCare is a multi - specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas - Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi - specialty.
- Obtains blood specimens from patients using venipuncture and capillary collection methods from patients of all ages from newborn to geriatric
- Processes specimens by centrifugation and separation
- Carries out all duties while respecting member and provider confidentiality and promoting the mission and philosophy of USMD
- Collects laboratory specimens from patients of all ages
- Processes laboratory specimens according to protocol
- Demonstrates appropriate telephone etiquette
- Utilizes computer information systems
- Adheres to organization and governmental standards, rules and regulations
- Performs clerical duties
- Promotes good customer service.
- Prioritizes workload to efficiently provide Providers with information necessary
- Performs specimen collection according to requirements and standard operating procedure
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety collection devices and follows universal precautions
- Adheres to patient confidentiality policy
- Distributes laboratory reports
- Complies with laboratory ordering and billing compliance
- Assists with training new personnel as needed
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and cleanliness of laboratory
- Reports complaints / problems to supervisor or person in charge
- Performs other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies
- Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials
- Ability to comply with attendance requirements
- Ability to comply with Human Resource policies
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking with the ability to move or lift at least fifty pounds
Careers with USMD
. If you're idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we've built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi - specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Phlebotomist, Phlebotomy, Certified Medical Assistant, CPT, Dallas, DeSoto, Richardson, TX, Texas