Acumen Detection is currently seeking a highly motivated person to work as a Software Engineer Intern at our company headquarters in Syracuse, NY. We are an Ag-Tech Startup headquartered at 727 E. Washington Street Ste 501, Syracuse, New York. Acumen Detection's mission is to develop and produce affordable, easy-to-use, pathogen detection assays that provide actionable information to food producers and processors within just a few hours. We have an on-going research and development effort, so we can continue to bring disruptive capabilities to market, and we are looking for team members that enjoy the challenge.
The ideal candidate would be a current or recent student engaged in university studies involving computer science, engineering, or a related field. Candidates must have hands-on experience with React, TypeScript and Python. Candidates must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Contribute to developing new features, improving existing functionality on Acumen's software and tools.
* Ideate and create new internal tools to help improve processes.
* Create automated tests to ensure application stability and performance.
* Analyze performance and metrics to identify problem areas in the software and contribute to fixing them.
* Interact with the customers and assist them with their technical challenges.
Learn new languages and frameworks as and when required to build new applications.
* Strong CS fundamentals with a good grasp of Data Structures and Algorithms.
* Knowledge of Python and/or Golang or willingness to learn it.
* Understanding of Software engineering best practices and design patterns.
* Having completed at least two years of University studies or equivalent in the computer science, engineering or a related scientific field.
* Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
* Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Highly organized, able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Motivated team player with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
An Equal Opportunity Employer