ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development
Due to continued growth, our Nuclear Services group is seeking a Senior Safety Analysis Engineer for our Kennesaw, GA (HQ), FT Worth, TX, Baton Rouge, LA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Chattanooga, TN, Idaho Falls, ID, Birmingham, AL, or Naperville, IL or remote locations. This role can be PT, FT, or LTLB.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop nuclear and mechanical safety analysis work products supporting licensing, design basis and operability of commercial nuclear power and fuel cycle facilities including radiological, thermal-hydraulic, chemical, and environmental assessments of new and existing plants, structures, systems and components
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Prepare calculations, evaluations, engineering change packages and licensing documents associated with mechanical, nuclear or chemical safety analysis.
- Develop computer models and analyses to simulate complex and/or unique technical problems.
- Verify technical accuracy of calculations, evaluations, models and licensing documents in accordance with regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Mentor less experienced engineers in one or more areas of safety analysis or environmental qualification (EQ)
- Provide technical support for license amendment requests (LAR) and NRC requests for information (RAI) responses related to safety analysis licensing submittals.
- Apply your knowledge of thermal hydraulics and related computer codes such as GOTHIC, RELAP, RETRAN and MAAP to address problems including room heat-up, reactor or plant system response, high energy line break and environmental qualification.
- Perform shielding and radiological evaluations using diverse methods and models for applications including environmental qualification, spent fuel storage and shielding design.
- Develop nuclear fuels and criticality analyses associated with core design, reload analysis and spent fuel.
- Perform atmospheric dispersion, deposition and plume analyses associated with normal and accident effects of radiological, chemical and thermal releases to the environment.
- Evaluate nuclear and industrial facility hazards including radiation, explosion, smoke and toxic gas for access, habitability, safe shutdown and public safety concerns.
- Develop and assess the nuclear plant safety programs, design basis documents, key calculations, processes, and procedures in accordance with current design and regulatory requirements.
- Participate in and support client peer reviews, expert panels and NRC audits.
- Interface with discipline and client counterparts to ensure project understanding and for business development.
Required Qualifications / skills
- BS in Nuclear Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of experience as an engineer in the nuclear power industry, specifically working on nuclear power plant safety analyses or EQ.
- Demonstrated experience in EQ, thermal-hydraulics, shielding, dose assessment, atmospheric dispersion, and/or hazard analysis, including experience with industry software such as GOTHIC, RELAP, RETRAN, MAAP, RADTRAD, ARCON96, PAVAN, HABIT, MCNP, SCALE, etc.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.Interest in application of technical skills to unique, varied and challenging engineering problems.
- Willing to travel to a plant site for meetings and/or assignment. Assignments vary based on project and client needs, ranging from a few weeks to several months.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- Advanced degree in a field of engineering and/or Professional Engineering License
- Severe accident phenomena and radiological analysis
- Experience with 10CFR50.59 screening and evaluations
- Perform engineering tasks having a significant degree of complexity with minimal oversight
- Previous experience as an EQ engineer at a nuclear plant
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
- Ability to gain and maintain unescorted access at nuclear sites.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us : |