ENERCON is a multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental services firm dedicated to driving efficiency and sustainability throughout energy, power, and related technology industries. Our culture is defined by our commitment to excellence and investment in our employee's growth and development.
Due to continued growth, Enercon is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in our Kennesaw, GA (HQ), Tampa, FL, Birmingham, AL, FT Worth, TX, Oakland, CA, Baton Rouge, LA, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Chattanooga, TN, Idaho Falls, ID, Overland Park, KS, or Naperville, IL, or other office locations. This position can be Full Time, PT or LTLB.
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to)
- Responsible for project development and execution for a variety of engineering projects at power generation and heavy industrial facilities.
- Managing budget, scope, schedule, and quality associated with the designated projects with minimal guidance and technical oversight.
- Directing and overseeing routine and advanced technical work performed by others on assigned projects and maintaining quality standards of all assigned projects.
- Designing and preparing engineering design packages for Power Generation and Industrial clients.
- Applying basic technical principles, theories, standards, and concepts in order to put together engineering design packages.
- Developing design drawings and technical specifications to support the preparation of project deliverables such as calculations, specifications, and engineering evaluations.
- Reviewing and checking designs, drawings, and data prepared by other engineers or subcontractors.
- Applying industry codes, standards, and government regulations.
- Ability to learn discipline-specific computer analysis codes.
- Working on a multidisciplinary team.
- Interfacing with other staff engineers as well as engineers working for our clients.
- Traveling and participating in field installation, checkout, and start-up.
Required Qualifications / skills
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited school.
- 10 + years experience in Electrical Engineering
- Prior power system design experience
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Familiarity with preparing Electrical calculations.
- Make recommendations based on knowledge and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to be an individual contributor and work effectively in teams.
- Must be able to traverse stairs and ladders at client sites.
- Must be able to traverse client sites to conduct walkdowns.
- Must be able to work outside at client sites in all weather conditions.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications / skills
- PE license preferred; EIT Certification highly preferred
- Broad knowledge of engineering and related precedents in the industry.
- Prior ETAP or SKM experience
- Prior experience with protective relay design, configuration, and/or programming
- Renewables experience a plus
Ability to pass a pre-employment and random drug and alcohol screenings, ENERCON and client specific background checks, and annual motor vehicle record (MVR) according to company and client policies.
Must be legally eligible to work in the US without current or future sponsorship.
This job posting is subject to change at any time.
Enercon Services, Inc (ENERCON) offers excellent benefits and career opportunities as part of our culture of excellence. Our people are the driving force behind our work. Together, we advance industry and drive innovation.
ENERCON does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Connect with us: |