Role and Responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
- Perform all preventive maintenance tasks on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Diagnose and correct highly complex problems on the simulators and associated simulator systems.
- Perform and audit pre-flight and post flight tasks on all simulators.
- Perform and audit all visual alignments.
- Run, evaluate, and assist in correction of Qualification Test Guide (QTG) results.
- Utilize and audit maintenance management system to record and track maintenance activities.
- Train technicians in advanced skills and serve as expert in Technical Services processes.
- Complete all designated training activities.
- Perform refurbishment and hardware modifications.
- Perform and lead projects related to modifications, design changes, and software enhancements.
- Comply with and analyze CAE quality management system.
- Provide customer service support and address customer needs in a timely manner.
- Perform and audit logistics duties, including parts received, repair, and testing/validation.
- Perform and audit housekeeping functions to maintain the simulators as required.
- Perform all administrative tasks and support Group Leader as required.
- Actively pursue knowledge and skills to enhance ability as a technical expert on multiple systems.
Education & Experience Requirements
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent related training
- 6 years direct simulator experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting to system level on simulators
- Expert level experience in the use and interpretation of diagnostics available on simulators
- Expert skills in the operation of test equipment
- Expert skills in soldering and circuit board repair
- Above basic knowledge of PCs and MS-Office tools and suite
- Highly motivated in customer support and attention to detail
- The primary work location for this position is at the Dallas Training Facility in Dallas, Texas
- Minimal travel may be required (less than 10%).
- The physical or muscular exertion required for prolonged standing, walking, and lifting or moving objects (weighing as much as 50lbs) and the resulting fatigue brought about by these activities
- Work in sustained sitting, standing, stooping, and squatting positions. Also climbing on ladders and equipment to heights 25 to 30 feet above the floor. Ability to safely move and work on equipment in confined spaces for reasonable periods of time.
- The physical dexterity required in performing tasks that require hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills.
- Have the manual dexterity, knowledge, and experience necessary to work safely and effectively with various hand tools.
- Ability to maintain situational awareness at all times and work safely on and around complex machinery that is characterized by sudden and at times violent movement in all 3 axes.
- Ability to work safely in cool interior conditions (temps between 55- and 65-degrees Fahrenheit)
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click herefor the EEO is the Law Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.